Friday, October 23, 2015

Oct 22 Word of the Day: Charismatic

Today's positive word is Charismatic. I love how there is this hard "c" sound, even though there is the "ch" which normally makes church, chew, cha-cha sounds. It's like I know what you expect, but I'm going to make this hard "c" sound instead. Charismatic is a word that fends of a number of hurtful desciption words like - Fat. Manly. Warped. Obese. and the queen of all Badness- REPULSIVE. I can't tell you how many time a day I let repulsive ping through my brain seeing a shadow of myself, or a reflection.
Charisma doesn't care what you look like, how tall, how pretty, Charisma is this energy, this light that pulls you in and makes you smile. And I have that. You have it too by the way. We are all Charismatic.
So the next time I mentally hear repulsive I can block it with Charismatic. I am Resilient, Resourceful, Compassionate and Charismatic. And Resolved to remind myself these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment