Monday, October 26, 2015

Oct 26th: Word of the Day: Recharge

When you're depressed or rather when I get depressed I get overwhelmed easily and I shut down. Then I get to beat myself up for shutting down and not being "normal" or for letting other people down because I opt out of Game night, or other social situation.  And I get to tell myself I'm lame or lazy.

But here is the thing. When I opt out of social things, I'm taking care of me.  That shut down feeling that comes with being overwhelmed is just the warning light letting me know I need to recharging.

When you depressed its like you're a smartphone with a battery drainage problem because the fricken apps won't shut off, they just keep running in the background (I'm talking to you Train Of Suck!) so of course you feel rundown.  Recharging fights lame and lazy and "not normal" Because there is nothing more normal when a person (or smartphone) is running down, then to take the time to recharge it.

So when your overwhelmed and feeling shutdown out remember, Your normal. Go lie down guilt free. Your just Recharging.

Sound of the day: School bus engine moving down the street.
Smell of the day: Fresh crushed pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment