Friday, October 23, 2015

Why I need this Blog, and what I hope to get out of it.

Welcome to Auntie Depressant.

This is a warm safe place to relax and hopefully find a little relief from the darker sad and painful places that plague all of us.

Everyone has bad days and sad days and some days are worse than others.  I like many have been struggling with Depression and Anxiety which does't just make for a bad day or a bad week or even a bad month, it is a day to day struggle.

Except that there are many many good days. And on the good days its easy to forget all I have to do to get through the bad ones.

But I do get through them.
I have each time.
I will again.

So I thought I'd build this blog to keep some tools to help me get through my current depressive episode. And at happier times to place pieces of inspiration and kitten pictures for feel good days.

So to begin with I'm currently working on a lexicon of positive words to tell myself in order to fend against the constant flow of negative things I tell myself all the time.

I started earlier this week before I created this blog so I'm going to re-post the earlier days words from Facebook,  And then each week day I'll add a new word.

Feel free to add your own words, or post tips or encouragements.

Feel free to share your own struggles and recieve validation that it will eventually be ok.

but I don't feed trolls, so if a post makes me uncomfortable I'll delete and block.

No comments:

Post a Comment