Friday, October 23, 2015

Oct 23 Word of the Day: Perspective

The word for today is Perspective. This is not an easy word shield like Resilient or Charismatic that help you feel better just by thinking it, Perspective needs you to work with it.
Guilt isn't just a stabby word either, its a lawyer building a case against you for not just sucking but making everyone around you suck too. Guilt works hard to make me feel awful.
This is how perspective works against guilt.
First: Guilt brings its case: you did a social thing you wanted last night. It did not go well. people were unhappy. It is all your fault.
Then: Perspective Objects!
Your honor, I'd like to remind the court that some of those people were unhappy before the social thing was even suggested. Also My client was one of many adults in the room. Shouldn't the other adults be responsible for judging their own moods and capabilities? My client can only be responsible for her own decisions. there for Guilt has no case against my client and I demand this case be dismissed.
In order for perspective to do this you need to sit down with perspective and go over the troubling event and let perspective make you smaller- not the boss of the world or the parent of the room, just the occupant of the chair.
Perspective is not an easy word, but it can annihilate guilt. And left unchecked Guilt beats me up and down.
But I am resilient, I am resourceful, charismatic, and compassionate. I resolve to work with perspective to see myself more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment